A classic collection of oral German folklore, brought together for posterity by the scholarly brothers Grimm in the 1800s, this epitome of fairy tales includes many of the world’s best known stories. In these dark foreboding woods, you will find: Rapunzel, Hansel and Gretel, Rumpelstiltskin, Lily and the Lion (better known as Beauty and the Beast), and Snow White and Rose Red, among other timeless works. These tales were later heavily revised and sanitised, but here are presented closer to their grim and beloved originals. (Summary by Marlo Dianne)
Chris Vee, Steve Andersen, Dandyrandy, Kara Shallenberg, billyuno, wedschild, rfrancis, Betsie Bush, Harvba, Vlooi, Scott Splavec, Sherry. Mark Bradford, Bill Stackpole, Gesine, Paula Berinstein, Dave, Sam Lipten, Chip, Chris Goringe, pkolter, Quentin, jskinner, Sean Randall, Brad Bush, Jon Ingram, Osmia, Kristen McQuillin, Marlo Dianne, Peter Yearsley, Dennis, Martin
For further information, including links to online text, reader information, RSS feeds, CD cover or other formats (if available), please go to the LibriVox catalog page for this recording.
For more free audiobooks, or to become a volunteer reader, please visit librivox.org.
- Mysticism Part 2: History of Mystics [Occult Audiobook](Boehme, Swedenborg, William Blake, etc.)Mysticism Part 2; History of Mystics [Occult Audiobook] (Jacob Boehme, Swedenborg, William Blake, etc.) by Evelyn Underhill.
- Mysticism Part 1: History of Mystics [Occult Audiobook](Boehme, Swedenborg, William Blake, etc.)Mysticism Part 1, History of Mystics (Jacob Boehme, Emmanuel Swedenborg, William Blake, Dante, etc.) Audiobook by Evelyn Underhill.
- THE ASTRAL PLANEby C.W. Leadbeater Charles Webster Leadbeater was an influential member of the Theosophical Society, author on occult subjects and co-initiator with J. I. Wedgwood of the Liberal Catholic Church. Originally a priest of the Church of England, his interest in spiritualism caused him to end his affiliation with Anglicanism in favour of the Theosophical Society, … Read more
- Occult Brotherhoods – Rudolf Steiner"Spiritualism, Madame Blavatsky, and Theosophy, a collection of 21 lectures by Rudolf Steiner compiled by Christopher Bamford from 1904 to 1923."
- Anthroposophical Spiritual Science and Medical Knowledge – Rudolf SteinerAnthroposophical Spiritual Science and Medical Knowledge Rudolf Steiner FROM (The Healing Process: Spirit, Nature & Our Bodies, 11 lectures, Aug. 28, 1923–Aug. 29, 1924 (CW 319) by Rudolf Steiner.)
- An Introduction to Rhetorical Appeals – ppt videoPublished by Jonas Tucker Background Information Rhetoric is the use of words for a specific purpose, often to persuade an audience. According to Aristotle, there are three main strategies employed when appealing to an audience: logos, ethos, and pathos.