Intellectual Exercise Published on Nov 19, 2013
This is a primer for those interested in the basic philosophy, beliefs & secrets of the Rosicrucian’s.
- A Look at the Earliest Printed Book—and It’s Not the Gutenberg Bibleoday, the printed word is taken for granted. Newspapers, books, brochures, and business cards are filled with printed words essential for spreading information around the globe. The revolution of the printed word came about with the advent of moveable type—technology that allowed quick, quality reproductions of text. While many associate the world-famous Gutenberg Bible with this technology, it’s actually not the first book ever printed. In fact, work coming out of Asia beats it by a long shot.
- The Rosicrucian Mysteries (Occult Audiobook) by Max Heindel by Max Heindel This is a primer for those interested in the basic philosophy, beliefs & secrets of the Rosicrucians.
- The Dark Night of the Soul – Manly Palmer HallMan’s Instinctive Search for Reality More than three hundred years ago, a Spanish mystic, San Juan de la Cruz, St. John of the Cross, wrote an extraordinary book, entitled “The Dark Night of the Soul.” Though comparatively unknown to the modem reader, this is perhaps one of the greatest documents in Christian symbolism on a mystical level. ~
- Dan Brown Helps Ritman Library Digitize Its Occult ManuscriptsAuthor Dan Brown made a generous donation to the Ritman Library to help bring their collection of Hermeticist manuscripts online. Now, 1,600 pre-1900 texts on alchemy, religions, and mysticism are online.
- Mysticism Part 1: History of Mystics [Occult Audiobook](Boehme, Swedenborg, William Blake, etc.)Mysticism Part 1, History of Mystics (Jacob Boehme, Emmanuel Swedenborg, William Blake, Dante, etc.) Audiobook by Evelyn Underhill.
- Mysticism Part 2: History of Mystics [Occult Audiobook](Boehme, Swedenborg, William Blake, etc.)Mysticism Part 2; History of Mystics [Occult Audiobook] (Jacob Boehme, Swedenborg, William Blake, etc.) by Evelyn Underhill.