As we say in NOLA, “Gotta love it!” ⤵
“Send bachelors, and come heavily armed; I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon, it’s just that simple,”Sen. Brian Boquist (R)
Meanwhile, Oregon’s Senate President Peter Courtney’s office told ABC13that each missing Senator was hit with a $500 fine on Friday, which would continue daily until they vote on the legislation.
Republicans immediately pushed back.
“We will file legal action,” said Sen. Tim Knopp, a Republican from Bend who has said he has been in three states in the past three days. “If they were trying to bring us back, threatening to arrest us and impose fines isn’t going to work.”
Senate Majority Leader Ginny Burdick said Republicans have no legal recourse as the fine is explicitly written in statute. A GoFundMe to cover the rogue lawmakers’ expenses and fines raised nearly $30,000 in less than a day. State ethics laws prohibit officials from receiving gifts exceeding $50, so it’s unclear whether senators could access the money. –ABC13
State police, meanwhile, will have the ability to track down senators and force them into a patrol car to return to the capitol, though the agency promises to use “polite communication” and patience throughout the process.
If Boquist starts shooting, we imagine that could change rapidly.
- The Left is so scared of the truth they created another witch hunt! 🙄🤡😂According to By Sally Hardin and Claire Moser who wrote an "article" for © 2016 Center for American Progress Action Fund , people are denying not climate change, but the climate, as evidenced by the title of their little peice… Climate Deniers in the 116th Congress Check out the interactive map for laughs … https://s3.amazonaws.com/interactives.americanprogressaction.org/interactives/Climate+Deniers+2019/index.html Source: americanprogressaction.org
- Democrats Accused By Scientist Of LYING About Climate Change 😂😅🤣By Timcast Published on Jun 24, 2019
- 11 Senators are “Missing”, Intentionally Avoiding a Ridiculous Bullshit Vote on a Cap and Trade Bill; Gov Threatens Arrests, Receives Unexpected Response😂🙌As we say in NOLA, "Gotta love it!" ⤵ "Send bachelors, and come heavily armed; I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon, it’s just that simple," ~ Sen. Brian Boquist (R)
- California descending to Third World status with planned electricity blackouts for up to a weekBy Thomas Lifson The elites who run California like to pretend they have a better way. The highest taxes in the nation have not killed (yet) the current success of the high tech sector in the Bay Area, generating immense tax revenues that can be squandered on a useless "high speed" train line that will … Read More
- The Delusional Futurism Of ‘Liberal World Order’ Academics