As we say in NOLA, “Gotta love it!” ⤵
“Send bachelors, and come heavily armed; I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon, it’s just that simple,”Sen. Brian Boquist (R)
Meanwhile, Oregon’s Senate President Peter Courtney’s office told ABC13that each missing Senator was hit with a $500 fine on Friday, which would continue daily until they vote on the legislation.
Republicans immediately pushed back.
“We will file legal action,” said Sen. Tim Knopp, a Republican from Bend who has said he has been in three states in the past three days. “If they were trying to bring us back, threatening to arrest us and impose fines isn’t going to work.”
Senate Majority Leader Ginny Burdick said Republicans have no legal recourse as the fine is explicitly written in statute. A GoFundMe to cover the rogue lawmakers’ expenses and fines raised nearly $30,000 in less than a day. State ethics laws prohibit officials from receiving gifts exceeding $50, so it’s unclear whether senators could access the money. –ABC13
State police, meanwhile, will have the ability to track down senators and force them into a patrol car to return to the capitol, though the agency promises to use “polite communication” and patience throughout the process.
If Boquist starts shooting, we imagine that could change rapidly.
- The Left is so scared of the truth they created another witch hunt! 🙄🤡😂
- Democrats Accused By Scientist Of LYING About Climate Change 😂😅🤣
- 11 Senators are “Missing”, Intentionally Avoiding a Ridiculous Bullshit Vote on a Cap and Trade Bill; Gov Threatens Arrests, Receives Unexpected Response😂🙌
- California descending to Third World status with planned electricity blackouts for up to a week
- The Delusional Futurism Of ‘Liberal World Order’ Academics