MICHAEL DOLCE ON 1/12/18 AT 9:36 AM EST
Senator Rob Portman (R-Ohio) introduced legislation in 2017 to amend an antiquated 1996 law that was ostensibly enacted to protect freedom of expression on the Internet, but, as Sen. Portman’s bill describes, allowed website operators (most prominently, Backpage ) to facilitate the sale of sex with victims of sex trafficking. In many of these cases, the victims are children.
The frequency of child sex abuse is a true epidemic. Since at least 2000, the U.S. Department of Justice has reported that some 67 percent of all sexual assaults are committed against victims under 18 years old.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services reports confirmed child sexual abuse cases number approximately 58,000 per year in recent years.
Unreported child sexual assaults are estimated at 80 percent and supported by multiple studies and experts.
Sex predators are misusing the Internet daily to access their prey, and by taking their shield away website operators who ignore such misuse—or profit from it—will have to monitor and prevent illegal user content.
Sen. Portman’s legislation is landmark and a key step in helping sex trade victims, but the reality is that predators will find other venues. We must ask the question that gets to the root of the problem: where are these victims coming from?
Here’s the ugly truth: most Americans who are victims of sex trafficking come from our nation’s own foster care system. It’s a deeply broken system that leaves thousands vulnerable to pimps as children and grooms them for the illegal sex trade as young adults.
We have failed our children by not fixing the systemic failures that have allowed this to happen for decades.
Most people don’t know about our nation’s foster care to sex trafficking pipeline, but the facts are sobering. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) found that “of the more than 18,500 endangered runaways reported to NCMEC in 2016, one in six were likely victims of child sex trafficking. Of those, 86 percent were in the care of social services when they went missing.”
Read full article here: We Have Set Up a System to Sex Traffic American Children
- JPMorgan and Sidley Austin Were Involved in the Mysterious $6.7 Billion Company Chaired by Jeffrey EpsteinBy Pam Martens and Russ Martens: July 29, 2019 ~ Jeffrey Epstein, the accused sex trafficker of underage school girls, presided over a $6.7 billion offshore company as its Chairman from November 9, 2001 to at least March 19, 2007, a period during which he is accused of committing his sex trafficking crimes against minors. … Read More
- Epstein Documents Released, Revealing Depths of Convicted Pedophile’s Alleged Sex Trafficking Operation | Common Dreams NewsExceprt from Common Dreams News August 9, 2019 This is a developing story and may be updated. Thousands of pages of documents related to convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein's trafficking of young girls were released Friday, opening the floodgates on one of the biggest scandals of 2019.
- EPSTEIN VICTIM’S STATEMENTWRN reads a 2015 Jane Doe vs United States victim statement court document. Jane Doe, a minor when she was allegedly used for sex and trafficked, recounts her alleged sexual encounters with Jeffrey Epstein, Ghislaine Maxwell, Prince Andrew & Alan Dershowitz.
- Jeffrey Epstein’s Wikipedia Page Stealth-Edited To Remove Ties To Democrats | Zero HedgeIn the wake of Jeffrey Epstein's weekend arrest, an observant Twitter user noticed that someone has edited the billionaire pedophile's Wikipedia page to remove all mention of Democrats who have flown on the "Lolita Express" – the nickname given to his private Boeing 727 jet which was reportedly outfitted with a bed. On Sunday, the sentence "Epstein flrew … Read More
- Jeffrey Epstein Arrested for Sex Trafficking of MinorsJeffrey Epstein was arrested on Saturday and will appear in New York court on Monday to be charged with sex trafficking, according to multiple law enforcement sources.